Pages

Pages

Friday 15 August 2014

CraftyCatz challenge 244.....


Good Morning and Happy Friday...
Don't the weeks just fly, I read on FB the other day it is only 150 something DAYS to Christmas..
time for my annual scream I think.....
( OK, not annual, but ya know what I mean...lol...)
I hope you didn't get blown about to badly this week, we have been told, that hurricane Bertha gave us a lash of her tail as she passed....well, my washing almost blew away, but talk about soft...nothing beats the smell and feel of line-dried washing..and NO, my knickers did not end up on Blackpool Tower.. lol...
OK, this is our last challenge and then we have a break.......we will be back with you on 5th September....
so please join us, and even more so because it is our really lovely Ingrid' challenge, she is super talented, if you don't believe me go see her blog.....she is forever doing tutorials of some kind or other and she is published too.....told her, she best still speak to us when she is famous...lol...
So its, RECYCLE.....brilliant, the girls all got down to it, and I have to say, they came up with some belters...amazing what you can do with an old cheese box or some paint sample cards....to name a few.....lol..
ME...well, I reached for an old straw hat, it has seen better days, and what do you think....
BEFORE

just plain and shabby....
Now, if your thinking what's with the chair..lol...well I recovered it a while back,
it was an old top of Carla's, and I was bored, well, it brightened the place up a touch....lol...
AFTER...


Oh it's abit picture heavy...sorry about that...anyhow...I washed it and tore off the old binding..
once dry I mixed equal parts of PVA and Mica powder to give it a nice shine...which is lost on camera methinks...
The flowers are from a stem a friend brought one day, as she walked in she passed me a flower stem, it did make us laugh at the time, but that's AuntySue for you....FINALLY SUE, I used it....
I brushed the flowers also, the string is from stash and the tear drops too...lace was from Jules and pearls are stash...
Hope you like....lets say it looks better than I thought it would.....
Now we have a fab sponsor for you, so if you want a $15 GV for the store.....you know what to do....
It works better when I say who it is doesn't it..lol...
FRED SHE SAID...YAY....
Please pop over and see what we all did and have some fun with us....

********************

Hope you have a fab week-end....
Hugs and stuff,
Janette.xxxxxxxx




16 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful creation Janette would love to see pic when you wear it lol and just love your chair you have recycled too have a wonderful weekend
Big Hugs
Dianne xx :)

PaperDaisies said...

Such a great idea Janette. I love your upcycled straw hat. Just love those flowers. The result is stunning. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Janette, what a transformation! Turned out lovely today too - my lines full of washing, make hay while the sunshines lol! Have a great weekend, Susan x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Janette, A great piece of recycling with your hat, bet you can't wait to wear it now.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous creation and beautiful hat,
Have a nice weekend
Margaret

Jac’s Playground said...

The hat is gorgeous those flowers are so pretty, fabulous work and love your recycled chair too, so bright and funky, have a great weekend xx

Heather said...

Hi Jamette. I've eventually moved into my house and hopefully can start visiting and commenting again!!
WOW - this is just beautiful - to recycle from one plain straw hat to this stunning creation is so amazingly talented!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Unknown said...

Hi Janette! What a fabulous make! I love the idea, it's so clever and creative! It's so beautiful!
Thank you for your sweet comment in your post, you made me giggle, many thanks!:)
Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs,
Ingrid xx

Jackie said...

Very pretty indeed, you've given it a new lease of life :o)
We've had all the seasons this week with rain heavier than I have ever seen it!
Jackie xx

Pamellia said...

What a fantastic project! I really love all the beautiful flowers, so summery and very creative!! :)

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous make Janette, love all the beautiful flowers.

Donna x

coops said...

fabulous recycling sue.the hat looks beautiful, i love all the pretty flowers ;D

xx coops xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Such a great revamp project. Hope you have a great week. Naomi x

Unknown said...

I love all the ideas for this week, they are all amazing! Yours is the most romantic I guess LOL
Lovely hat, I would definitely wear it with some romantic gown! Cool idea! Sorry for being so quiet during my holidays, the internet was really lame there. Have a nice week!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Aunty Sue said...

This is lovely janette and those flowers didnt look as good when i gave them to you have you been feeding them.

XxJULESxX said...

Beautiful hat Janette you did a great job!

Featured post

Ask me who finally got in the craft room.......

  Afternoon everyone, what a beautiful day its been and because the sun was shining it warmed my room up so I had a play. First up is this c...